Thursday, April 26, 2012

More outside fun...and oh my achin' bones...

Boy am I LOVING spring!!  Getting outside and breathing in that sweet springtime air is so good for the soul!  And this year is especially fun with my little buddy tagging along!  We have a LOOONG list of spring chores to tackle, especially with being pretty much out of commission last year, but I think we're up for the challenge!  Here, Hunter is helping rake up the lawn that we just had dethatched.  
I did the majority of the "real" raking and can I just take a moment to acknowledge how out of shape I still am??  Man, between raking up the dead stuff and then spreading compost over the top that was a good workout!  Kuntry Daddy was out of town during this project, so my mom was super sweet and took Hunter for an afternoon so I could really bang it out.  And bang it out I did.  And the next day I paid for it. ;)  But that is really my favorite type of working out.  I'm horrible about any other type of work out routine, so I say BRING ON THE YARD CHORES! :)
We've been having lots of fun taking pictures of blooming flowers (Native Red Flowering Currant here)...



                                              Visiting with Caspian...Hunter just LOVES him!


And enjoying the springtime sunsets!




4 comments:

  1. Maybe you have a little cowboy in the making!?! It's great to have a helper, although my helpers do nothing but lay in the shade and slobber!
    I got some yard work done last weekend too, 4 hours weeding did me in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! I wish I could weed for 4 hours (how sick is that?) ;) Our yard is in SUCH sad shape!!

      Delete
  2. parker LOVES horses, but has never seen one in person... how sad is that? love these springy pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you guys ever go to the Puyallup Fair? My favorite thing is walking through the horse barn & I bet he would just be in AWE of the big draft horses! :)

      Delete