Friday, June 8, 2012

Fun with Mod Podge {Part II}

Yep, it's confirmed...totally addicted to Mod Podge!  I just love all the projects you can do with this stuff!  And I really like that it's not too messy to work with.  It cleans up easily and I like that it doesn't leave my hands all sticky. 

This time I decided to tackle making a DIY jewelry holder.  One of my goofy goals that I set for myself when I was turning thirty was accessorizing more...I'm now one year into my thirties and I have to say I have NOT been doing a very good job at it!  But I think this is gonna totally help.  Because now, instead of all my jewelry being tangled up in a box, it will be hanging in front of my face every morning!

I started with a plain wood plaque from JoAnn Fabrics...any hobby store will have them in the unfinished wood section.  I used a small/medium one and chose this rectangle shape, but an oval or scrolly type one would be really cool too!  I painted the edges grey and then mod podged on a piece of scrapbook paper that I had cut to size.
After the mod podge dried I then ran a thin bead of glue along the top and attached a piece of eyelet lace - this is going to be the earring holder!  I wrapped the lace around the back about an inch or so.

Then, using a finishing hammer, I tapped in these nails (also found at JoAnne's) - these are my necklace/bracelet holders.
HORRIBLE photo - but you get the idea, right? ;)


And here's the finished product!  SUPER easy (and cheap!) project and totally customizable!  And now I have no excuse for not accessorizing, with everything hanging right there for me to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment