Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I could get used to this!

What happens when your life of the party/don't want to miss a thing/I don't WANNA go to bed/night owl baby falls asleep at 8:00 and sleeps through the night?  This here list my friends...and I could get used to it!!
  • Washed and dried a load of laundry
  • Washed, dried, AND straightened my hair (all in one night!)
  • Shaped my eyebrows (SO long overdue!)
  • Put together hubby's supplements for the week in one of those handy organizers
  • Made hubby's lunch
  • Got H's quinoa and black bean lunch doled out into containers for the grandmas
  • Trimmed photos and cut foam board to size for photo collage
  • Installed said photo collage and took photos of the process for a coming post
  • Worked on crochet orders
After all this I capped off the night by plunking my butt in the recliner and perusing the various catalogs that I had picked up at the Mother Earth News Fair this weekend - chicken coop designs, flower and vegetable seeds, organic lawn care ideas, all kinds of awesome stuff!

Baby sleep cycles are so funny...and just like they say...as soon as you get used to something one way, they go and change it up on ya!  At least that's been the case with my little guy!  I've found that the best way to handle it for us is to just "go with it" and be flexible.  We've done the sleep training, the "crying it out" (but only to a certain extent), the co-sleeping, etc., etc.  And in the last 15(ish) months that I've been a mom the only certainty I can come up with is that you just gotta roll with it. :)  And I always remind myself that he won't be this little for long and that there will most certainly come a day when I will miss cuddling him back to sleep in the middle of the night...in all honesty, I've come to love it probably as much as he does.

But if he wants to sprinkle in a "fall asleep at 8:00 and sleep through the night" here and there I'm definitely ALL for it! :) 


1 comment:

  1. That's great that your little one slept through the night!! And you got a lot accomplished while he slept!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete